Whether you’re already living an eco-friendly life or looking for a few new ways to make a difference, visit us at the Brisbane Christmas Eco Living Festival this December! The theme is ‘One Eco Step’, as the Eco Expo is not about pushing drastic measures but instead encouraging each of us to take just one step toward a sustainable lifestyle.
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December 2020.
Open to the public Saturday 12pm- 8pm.
Open to the public Sunday 10am- 4pm.
EXPO PLACE (Google Maps)
600 Gregory Terrace (corner of Costin Street), Bowen Hills Brisbane 4006
Conveniently located at the Brisbane RNA Showgrounds, the Brisbane Eco Living Festival offers convenient onsite parking, but encourages using public transport to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Reducing your carbon footprint has never been easier, with the train station only a 10-minute walk away and bus stops surrounding the venue which connect to the free city loop bus.
Public transport is easily accessible and encouraged for all visitors to the Eco Expo. Or, we also recommend riding your bike to the event, with racks available to secure right at the front.
REDUCE YOUR IMPACT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT SERVICES TO GET TO THE ECO EXPO
- For Bus and Train information visit the TransLink website or phone 13 12 30.
- Brisbane’s Domestic and International Airports are just a quick 15 minute taxi ride away.
- Bowen Hills and Fortitude Valley railway stations are less than a 10 minute walk from the Brisbane Showgrounds.
There are 10 separate car parking facilities within the Brisbane Showgrounds, with a total capacity of almost 2,500 vehicles. The parking fee is direct through the venue / chosen car park – please check rates before you enter. For further information on parking at the Brisbane Showgrounds please visit the Parking page, for up to date information and pricing.
Brisbane Eco Living Festival Tickets
The Brisbane Eco Living Festival is offering free tickets if you register online before the event. Tickets will be available to purchase at the door for $5. We encourage you to register tickets online to avoid missing out and to skip the ticketing line. We don’t recommend printing your tickets, save the paper.
Simply present your barcode on your smart device to gain entry.
All visitors attending the event are encourage to register for their free ticket on-line before entering into the event. If you have not purchased your ticket before the event, you may purchase a ticket at the ticket booth for $5 before entering the line to enter.
As a result of COVID-19 contact tracing requirements of the department of health you will be required to sign in and check out when exiting the event. If you attempt to enter the event without checking in or out, you will be asked to move away. Check in at the entry via MyGuestlist, where you will be asked a set of questions.
If, in the past fourteen (14) days:
- You have been overseas;
- You have been in contact with a person who has been tested positive of COVID-19;
- You have been in a COVID-19 hotspot;
- You have had COVID-19
- You have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 including fever, coughs and a sore throat;
You will not be able to enter the event. If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 we ask for you to not attend the event and stay home. If you present symptoms upon entry to the event you will not be able to enter the event and will be taken directly to an isolation room where further investigation will occur.
If first aid is required at the event, the first aid station can be found to the left of the entry point upon entry.
To have a COVID safe event, the following should be applied:
- Follow social distancing measures by staying 1.5 meters from people and groups from different households
- Regularly sanitise and wash your hands. The event will provide a number of sanitation stations that will be identified with signage and encourage for all attendees to use.
- Violence, aggression or abuse towards our staff will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the event.
- Volunteers will be present throughout the event to monitor social distancing behaviours. They may ask you to better practice social distancing measures to keep the event a COVID safe place.
- We ask when queuing in entry lines at the event to continue to practice social distancing by remaining 1.5 meters away from other attendees in line.
- Regular announcement’s will be conducted over the PA system reminding all attendees to social distance and to practice good hygiene
- Please refrain from kissing, hugging and handshaking whilst attending the event.
For those who are at vulnerable risk of COVID-19 we encourage that you view information that the department of Health have released.
Yes! The Brisbane Chrismas Eco Living festival will be still going ahead this December and we can not wait to see you there! The event has an approved COVID-19 safeplan that will allow for the event be able to safley commence.
The event will be following the government regulation in the lead upto and during the Brisbane Christmas Eco living Festival. The event has an approved COVID-19 safe plan and will have saftey measures and precautions in place to ensure that we are doing everything we can to have a covid safe event.
Measures to ensure social distancing is maintained, capacity is managed and sanitiser is readily accessible. For attendees and exhibitors, some of our measures include:
- 1.5m floor markers
- separate entry/exit points
- sanitiser and hygiene amenities available
- cashless measures
- no food/beverage sampling (plenty of exciting workshops, activities and seminars to enjoy)
- additional cleaning practices
- security to manage maximum capacity
We are encouraging all attendees to pre-register online in order to secure your free ticket. You can find ticket information on our website, Facebook page, or access the direct ticket link here. Tickets can also be purchased at the doors for $5.
Parking is not included with any tickets. Please see above information under ‘Transport’.