FREE WEAVING DEMOS / WORKSHOPS WITH ECO.TEXTILE STUDIO
SIX spaces available on the hour from 10am, each day of the Eco Expo.
Bookings can be made when visiting the Eco.Textile Studio stand next to the Eco Pledge.
(limited spaces… get in quick!)
Sit with Weaving expert Paula Cordeiro for a workshop using eco friendly yarn, and take your Eco Step and learn to make your own clothing and products!
Easy Belt Weaving – mini Sculptures!
The belt-weaving 2DPI Rigid Heddle Kit is a relaxing way to learn the first steps of weaving a cloth. You are placed in a circle facing a center pole and work an allocated time to complete step by step of the overall activity. The circle expands and contracts as the tasks develop giving students a nice sense of collaborative work.
Your FREE weaving workshop includes:
- A small group of up to six people, lasting approximately 30 minutes
- Threading already set up warp through the rigid heddle.
- Collaborating with weaving expert; Paula Cordeiro
- TAKE HOME your own creation!
About Paula Cordeiro
A graduate Visual Artist has over 20 years of teaching and industry experience in Byron Bay, Paula has mastered the fine art of textile creation. Paula has exhibited her works at some of the nations leading institutions, including the High Court of Australian and Regional Art Galleries in Grafton Stanhope and Lismore. Paula brings a rich diversity of history and culture to her craft. Be mesmerised by the passion and skill she exudes in her creations that in turn naturally imparts upon her protégé.
The eco.textileStudio designed weaving kits brining a new wave of exciting entertainment within the contemporary sustainable crafts industry. Paula’s designed weaving kits are easy and fun to use. Dynamic workshops, Starter-Kits and lots more can be found on Paula’s internet social media. Paula also run Textile Workshops in Hamilton, Brisbane.
BRISBANE ECO EXPO
- Date: Friday September 13 to Sunday September 15, 2019
- Time: 10am to 4pm each day
- Location: Brisbane Showgrounds, Exhibition Building, 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowan Hills, Brisbane
- Cost: Tickets are available at the event, or purchased online here. Tickets include a $2 donation to one of three chosen charities.