You and Oxfam – Tackling Poverty Together
Who We Are
Here at Oxfam we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty.
We believe that poverty is unjustifiable and preventable, that the present state of inequality and injustice must be challenged, and that with the right help, poor people can change their lives for the better. We envisage a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities—a world in which everyone is valued and treated equally.
What to Expect
Oxfam works to raise funds to lend a hand in over 90 poverty stricken communities, reaching over 19 million people. They have one main goal: to bring about positive change in the lives of people living in poverty. Along with donations and volunteer work, Oxfam hosts fundraising events such as the ‘Oxfam Trailwalker’, in which teams can participate in to raise awareness and gather funds to tackle poverty.
Donations that are received go towards:
- Building water tanks, so people can have clean drinking water
- Installing boreholes, toilets and hand-washing stalls
- Building schools, and providing teachers to educate people on life skills
- Providing seeds to grow nutritious vegetables for families currently going hungry
- Providing aid in the event of an emergency, including food, water, and shelter
Visit Us Because
Together we can empower communities by helping them to lift themselves out of poverty, making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people around the world. Come and visit our stall to find out how you can be involved in tackling poverty and creating a brighter future; for all of us.